Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jenny Yan will have Farewell concert in May

Yesterday, singer Jenny Yan announced that the 2-show concert "Jenny Yan: Love Show Farewell World Tour" that will be held at the HK Coliseum in May will be her last. Though the concert will mark her farewell to the stage and she admits that she is feeling a lot of pressure right now, she feels that this is the right decision, since there is a beginning and an end to everything in life.

Jenny admits that she won’t miss not being able to perform on the concert stage: “I am only not doing concerts anymore, doesn’t mean that it’s the end of my career. If there are shows or awards ceremonies that invite me to perform, I would still do it. As for the fans, doesn’t have to be only formally on stage that they are able to see me – I welcome them to come visit my farm!”

Jenny also indicated that her daughter Melody just graduated from fashion design and cinematography courses, so she has arranged for her daughter to be her concert’s artistic director – her duties will include being in charge of set design and costume. Laughing, Jenny said: “With the second generation taking care of me now, I feel like I have ‘graduated’ myself.” Asked whether her daughter will be paid at the ‘mother-daughter rate’, Jenny replied: “We don’t talk about money, since ‘mine’ will eventually become ‘hers’ anyway!”

Reknown music teacher Liu Jia Chang also came out to support Jenny yesterday, though when asked to go up on stage, he did, but would not sing. The organizers of the concert have indicated that Liu Jia Chang as well as famous musical composer Joseph Koo will both appear on stage. According to sources, even though Liu will be having his own farewell concert in Taiwan in April after which he will retire from the industry, he has agreed to be a musical guest at Jenny’s concert and will also make an exception to sing.

Source: Mingpao
Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

No comments:

Post a Comment